20 October, 2016

Swoon Thursday {2} Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Swoon Thursday is a weekly feature hosted by #YABound
in which we share something that made us swoon in the
book we're currently reading or recently finished.


** please be aware of spoilers! **

This week I'm featuring Heartless by Marissa Meyer!


"Dear Catherine. I have wanted to kiss you from the moment you awoke in that rose garden."
She licked her lips, a reflex, the result of a hundred daydreams. A hundred daydreams about him.
The glen was quiet but for the drum of her heart. Cath could imagine it. Everything about it. His lips, his arms. His body pressing her back on to the soft grass, the golden light of a timeless day cascading over them.
She curled her fingers over his. "Kiss me, then."
She offered no resistance when he pulled her to her knees, trapping their interlaced fingers between their bodies. His nose brushed against hers.
"My heart is yours," he whispered, sending a chill down her spine.
The corners of her lips lifted, in anticipation, in joy. "Do be careful, Sir Joker," she said, remembering Hatta’s riddle. "A heart, once stolen, can never be taken back. 
"I know," he said, and kissed her – soft, at first. "But I’m giving it to you willingly." Another kiss, hesitant, growing bolder. "Catherine," he murmured against her, "you taste like treacle."
print ARC, page 321
Do you even know how long I've been waiting for that bloody moment? 321 pages!!! That's how long! And god it was worth it. They're so cute they make my heart melt. How gross.


Read my review here!

No comments:

Post a Comment