27 October, 2016

Swoon Thursday {3} The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia

Swoon Thursday is a weekly feature hosted by #YABound
in which we share something that made us swoon in the
book we're currently reading or recently finished.


This week I'm featuring The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia!


I start to slide off the hood, but Marco leans over and boxes me in with his arms. Our lips are inches apart.
If I lean forward the tiniest bit...
His eyes drift down to my lips and then my neck. "So this doesn't bother you?" 
It does. But not for the reason he thinks.
I've never wanted to kiss anyone as much as I want to kiss Marco right now. I want to know what it feels like to have his arms wrap around me. 
Forcing myself to look into his dark eyes, I call his bluff. "Nope." 
Marco doesn't move. He's sizing me up, deciding whether or not he believes my lie. If my heart beats any louder, he'll know. 
"Prove it." A slow smile spreads across his lips. "Kiss me."
e-book, 35%
Two things:

First, THIS IS LATE. I know. I actually recently started this? As in around 2 in the morning and didn't stop until 5 AM and still have not finished? Absolutely crazy, I know. BUT WOW. I'm really liking it.

Second, this actually made me swoon more than their actual kiss?? Kinda weird, but duuuuude. It's like every little interaction between them makes me giddy and happy and they're just so cute and brave and strong together--and apart!--and it makes me like both characters all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment