11 October, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday {1} All the Recs!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by
the wonderful people at The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's TTT topic is...

All About Books You Read Because of Recommendation

♩ Steel & Stone series by Annette Marie: I actually picked the first book up on a whim, after I'd seen one of my GoodReads friend reading it--her name's Isabella! (She didn't like it but I did haha, oops.)

♩ Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little: Picked this up because Alyssa over at Eater of Books had highly praised it!


 A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas: I thought A Court of Thorns and Roses was okay but I wasn't really into this the first time I picked this up (when it first released) so I dropped it. Fast forward a month or so, I decided to reread again because of Sondra, who'd said it got a lot better!

♩ The Archived series by Victoria Schwab: I think I first read her in 2012? Not entirely sure BUT I do know it was because of the BookTube community--probably KatyTastic or JessetheReader.


♩ Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I found this book through YouTube--I was watching a lyric video made by Alexa. She'd mentioned she was reading Cinder and I decided to check it out!

♩ Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry: This one was because of one of my best friends, Lani! She wanted to buddy read with me and that was probably the best thing ever.

♩ Night World, by L.J. Smith: My close friend from middle school recommended me this series pretty early on, along with The Vampire Diaries, Dark Visions, and The Forbidden Games. I really liked them!

♩ My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows: My friend Michella recommended this to me! I had some trouble at first but ended up loving it.

♩ Air Awakens by Elise Kova: I forgot who exactly got me to read this... It wasn't a recommendation, really. I just saw a bunch of my GR friends reading & loving it. Alas, it didn't appeal to me.

♩ My Soul to Take by Rachel VIncent: I picked this up because I read Khanh rated it 5 stars. It didn't work out for me but I would like to try the series again.

No comments:

Post a Comment