18 October, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday {2} Characters Whose Name I'd Use

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by
the wonderful people at The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's TTT topic is...

 Ten Characters I'd Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After

So, before I start, you can all see how positively late I am with today's post! Normally they're supposed to go out around 3 AM Eastern time (12 AM Pacific, even though I clearly am not in that area, but whatever.) Anyway! Apologies for being so late and so bad at this planning thing!

♩ Wesley Ayers, AKA Guyliners (AKA guy of my DREAMS) from The Archived by Victoria Schwab: I would totally name something (or someone) Wesley/Ayers/Guyliners. Hell, most of my social media accounts are already Guyliners, so I suppose that says something, right?

♩ Kaz Brekker from the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo: ....Or rather, just Brekker. It just sounds so cool. I already, um, kind of have an account under the name Brekker--a game account, but still.

♩ Adam from like a million books, but let's go with The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: I love the name Adam. If I were to have a kid, Adam is definitely a name I would consider.

♩ Alex from another several million books but I'm going with The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis: My love for this book knows absolutely no bounds and the same goes with the name Alex. It's just the perfect name and definitely my favourite name. I did say I would consider Adam, but that would be for, like, a second because that child's name will be Alex.

♩ Day/Daniel from Legend series by Marie Lu: Daniel is such an adorable name. And it's a name you can derive nicknames from and I'm a huge fan of nicknames. I loved that Marie Lu called her character Day, especially since I've always heard Danny! Kid #2 might have this name. 



♩ Tess from The Fixer series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: My love for this series and this character is much like the name Alex. Tess is such a strong, caring, capable, and amazing character. I freely admit that I have one of the biggest crushes on her. I wouldn't mind naming a pet or child after her.



♩ Bee from The Color Project by Sierra Abrams: Okay, technically this book isn't out yet so I technically do not know this character yet. YET. But I love this author (one of my bestestestest friends everrrr) and I'm so excited to read this about about Bee! I'd love to name my future cat this because calling a cat Bee suddenly seems both hilarious and perfect.



♩ Merik from Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: I actually have a character who has a similar name! I chose this because it was the closest I'll ever get to my character's name--Marek. But they sound the same, so why not!



♩ Noah from The Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin: I do believe Noah was one of my first book crushes! And let's face it, Noah's a pretty incredible name. I'd love to name one of my characters Noah!



♩ Julian from The Forbidden Games trilogy by L.J. Smith: I haven't read one of Smith's books in so long and I've been desperately meaning to get get back to The Night World and The Forbidden Games for so long! I remember loving Julian a lot and I actually have a story idea with a character of the same name!

So! This was a ridiculously fun post to write up! It's like I've finally gotten the chance to share my love of all the names I love so much. If you guys haven't read these books, I'd highly recommend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment