My lovely friend, Austine, at NovelKnight has announced this amazing challenge and I am so happy to participate! Find out more about Beat the Backlist by clicking here!
Little bit of a quick summary on what the challenge is, though.
We all have HUGE TBRs. I remember one of my friends over on twitter saying how our TBRs will continue to grow (and grow. and grow. and groooooow. and--okay you get it) past our lifetimes. I'm fairly sure my ghost will haunt this place and somehow manage to add another book to the never ending shelf.
So while we're all trying to keep up with new releases, we forget about the old releases. And this challenge is perfect for finally going back to those. I can't read everything I was desperate to read months, maybe (probably) years ago, so I'm glad to be participating in this. I'm always hearing terrific things about old books and I keep saying "I gotta check it out!" and promptly not getting to it because I'm a terrible person.
BUT NO LONGER.
That will end soon. Or so I hope.
Starting 2017, I'm going to beat my backlist! From January 1 to December 31, I'm going to be reading as many books as I can--all the non-2017 releases that is.
And these are the titles* I have on my list**:
*I know I won't get to all of them, so this is all temporary. Might add or unadd some throughout the year!
**Also, this is in no order except in which I have my GoodReads tbr in
- Croak by Gina Damico
- Sorrow's Knot by Erin Bow
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
- Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
- Darkest Fear by Cate Tiernan
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
- Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell
- Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
- Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine
- Minders by Michele Jaffe
- The Night Itself by Zoë Marriott
- Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Vain by Amelie Fisher
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
- The Cage by Megan Shepherd
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers
- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
- Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins
- The Death Code by Lindsay Cummings
- The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel
- Ice Like Fire and Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch
- Ice Kissed and Crystal Kingdom by Amanda Hocking
- This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
- Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Hand and Siobhan Vivian
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
- Starflight by Melissa Landers
- The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
- Frozen Tides and Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes
- The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye
- A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly
- Gamescape: Overworld by Emma Trevayne
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- The Rat Prince by Bridget Hodder
And I think I'll end it there for now! There are, undoubtedly, a lot of other books from 2013 that I haven't even looked at as well as 2014-2016. I am afraid of looking through those books. I feel guilty scrolling past so many books.
I think I'll begin doing monthly wrap-ups starting 2017, and I'll include a little update on the Beat the Blacklist challenge. New year, old books, yeah?