22 December, 2016

{Review} Prom Queen Perfect by Clarisse David

Prom Queen Perfect by Clarisse David
The Royals, book 1
Published July 7, 2016 by Clarisse David
Add it on Goodreads!

Being perfect isn’t supposed to be this hard.

Alex dela Cruz has it all. Looks, money, and a killer sense of style.

When the annoyingly gorgeous Adam Cordero calls her selfish, she decides to prove him wrong by transforming Christy Marquez from an invisible misfit into a ruling princess of Asia Pacific Academy. Great hair? Check. Flawless red lipstick? Check. Instant popularity? A slightly too big check.

But now, Alex is on the brink of losing the plastic tiara she’s supposed to get as prom queen, her best friend, and her heart to the unlikeliest of candidates. Too bad she isn’t letting anything—or anyone—get between her and that tiara.

-----

My Review

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Prom Queen Perfect was a short, lighthearted romance and it was super adorable and fun.

The main character, Alex, is the Queen (tm) at her high school. But when her nemesis, Adam, calls her selfish, Alex goes out of her way to prove him wrong. So she transforms a student she sees bullied into becoming, well. Basically like Alex. It ends up working too well because now they're both in the running for Prom Queen and Alex is at stake of losing it. To make matters worse, she might not even hate Adam as much as she initially thought. Double yikes.

Read. This. Book. It's extremely short (only 79 pages) and such a cute contemporary novel set in the Philippines. My only complaint is that it was too short. Oh, how I wish this was a longer novel.

Normally, I'd hate girls like Alex but she warmed up to me and I ended up really liking her! While I definitely questioned her motives to transform Christy, I really liked how the two became friends and teased each other like that. And I also loved Alex's relationship with her sister, though we only see a little bit of it.

And the romance was so cute, although, once again, too short. Adam was adorable and it was clear he liked her. The whole enemies to lovers trope is my absolute weakness and David made it work perfectly here.

Overall, I highly recommend this book! Especially if you're looking for a cute, fun, and short read. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the author's other books! 4 stars through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment