06 January, 2017

Swoon Thursday {12} Dark Tempest by Annette Marie

Swoon Thursday is a weekly feature hosted by #YABound
in which we share something that made us swoon in the
book we're currently reading or recently finished.


This week I'm featuring Dark Tempest by Annette Marie!



Okay, so technically, I read this a week or two ago. Technically, the post itself is a day late (but I was reading, can you blame me?) and I am sorry. But! Today, January 6, 2017 is the release date of Dark Tempest, book 2 in the Red Winter Trilogy by Annette Marie, one of my favourite authors. And so, I wanted to share one of my favourite swoons from her book because she does romance SO well.
“Say the words, Emi,” he breathed. “Tell me you don’t want me.” 
Eyes wide, she trembled, unable to speak, unable to think. He was telling her what to say, but she couldn’t say it. She didn’t want to. 
“Shiro.” She wasn’t sure what she’d intended to say, but his name came out in a pleading whisper and even she could hear the longing in it. 
That was all the answer he needed. 
His mouth closed over hers and he pushed into her, crushing her against the wall. Every lean, hard plane of his body pressed into her as he kissed her with fierce, undeniable hunger. Heat plunged through her, lighting her on fire. 
His fingers closed over her chin again, holding her mouth where he wanted it. He slid his other arm around the small of her back and pulled her tight against him. She gasped, her feet barely touching the floor.
e-book, 60%
I know! What a long one! It didn't even end there but I couldn't give everything away. But guys, you must read this series; this followup was so amazing! I cannot WAIT for book 3 to hit shelves this March!

No comments:

Post a Comment