06 February, 2017

{Recap} January, onto February, and a Look in Between


Hey, guys, hey! Welcome to my first ever recap post, January 2k17 edition.
A TL;DR: books, #aboutme, and February reads! Yay!!


∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

So! I know I should probably get to the recap of this, uh, recap, but can I just say how great it feels to finally start doing one of these? 

Anyway. 

Somehow, January has ended, which means three things: first, it's now February, clearly; second, the spring semester is in full swing, much to my horror; and third, t'is the season for those Valentine's Day cards. Oh, you know which ones I'm talking about.


As upsetting as it is that school started up again--no more late night reading! Getting up at indecent hours! The horror!--I don't want to focus anymore on that. Rather, let's focus on January, specifically on the books I read the past month, the reviews I'm awfully behind on, and a small update on Beat the Backlist hosted by Novel Knight!

In January, I somehow managed to read ten books! How great is that? Maybe I'm finally getting my groove back. (Let's pretend I totally didn't say that, dear god.)


.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


the reads


♩ The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacy Lee { ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
♩ Mafiosa by Catherine Doyle { ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪ }


Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  }
Starflight by Melissa Landers ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪ }
Heartstone by Elle Katharine White ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  }


♩ Velvet by Temple West ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ } [review]


Cashmere by Temple West ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  } 

Frankly, I think I could have done a bit better. There was a week in January where I think I was in a slump, but whether I was or not, the one thing I do know is that I was severely disconnected from reading. Nothing that I wanted to read--despite having some great books--called to me or held my interest. I was also playing Pok√©mon Emerald at the time, so I guess there was that...

But overall, 10 books? I'll definitely take it. For the most part, a bunch of these books were amazing! January was a pretty good month.


.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


other posts

While I'm not one for discussion posts (yet, maybe?), there were a few reviews and features up on the blog that I'd like to bump again!

♩ FEATURE: Swoon Thursday {12} Dark Tempest by Annette Marie--read a preview and start the series!

I highly recommend checking out The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman and Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (I reviewed book 2 in the series for both series), as well as Red Winter by Annette Marie! The perfect blend of romance, action, and adventure await!

And if you're looking for some new reads or recommendations, I thought the books I picked out for hidden gems and recent favourite couples would be a good place to start!


.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


beat the backlist update


If you aren't familiar with Beat the Backlist, you can check HERE for my post or HERE for the original post on Novel Knight.

While I originally had a TBR for that post (again, you can click HERE for that post), I'm a mood reader through and through and TBR lists are basically useless, despite the fact that I love creating lists, especially for books.

But! That isn't to say January was a bad month in terms of the challenge! I actually knocked one book out, Starflight, while another, Velvet, was a spontaneous read. Both have been on my giant TBR over on GoodReads, so I'm happy that I got around to them--and enjoyed them!

For next this month, I really (read, finally) hope to get to Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta and Alive by Scott Sigler.


.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


looking at February

February seems like an amazing month for books. While I'm angry that school is probably going to get in my way, these are the books I'm excited to get my hands on!





My only solace is that they each release on a separate week.


.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


On the whole, January was a good month! I'm extremely excited to see what February brings!

So, guys? How was your month? What are you looking forward to in February?

No comments:

Post a Comment