03 March, 2017

{Recap} February, onto March, and What a Disaster


Hey, guys, hey! Welcome to my second recap post, for the month of February!
TL;DR: probably self loathing, a few books, and raving? Who knows.
(I totally make this up as I go along)


∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

It's March! the 3rd day, a Friday, if I'm going to keep on this road. February passed by so quickly, which makes sense because, technically, we should've had those three days with the 28. Or at least two of them. But I digress.

Nothing has changed. February is over, so that means a recap is definitely due, even though! I do not want to look at my failures. But instead of looking at it that way, I want to focus on the positive things:

 I did get reading done
 I did not let a slump stop me
 I definitely treated myself
 I met Schwab
 And Dennard
 And got books signed
 That's good enough for me

So, maybe this month was a bit better than I'd hoped. I'm all for it!

-----

the reads


 By Your Side by Kasie West ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Keeping the Distance by Clarisse David ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 The Traitor's Kiss by Erin Beaty ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }


 A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  }
 Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪ }

Yikes! Okay, well, it's so not that bad--I'm actually sort of proud of these six books. I wouldn't say I was going through a slight slump, just that it was a bit hard to get into some books when I started them. 

I read 2/4 of the anticipated books from February and I think that's pretty good, esp since one came on on the last day, and I'm 1/5 of the way with another. So! That's something!

And, honestly. Time passed by way too quickly. I'm hoping to get back into a certain... groove... I suppose, soon enough!

-----

other posts

Wherein I showcase some reviews or features I was sort of proud of!

♩ REVIEW: Poison's Kiss by Breeana Shields
♩ REVIEW: The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee
♩ REVIEW: Mafiosa by Catherine Doyle
♩ REVIEW: Heartstone by Elle Katharine White
♩ REVIEW: Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken
♩ REVIEW: Geekerella by Ashley Poston
FEATURE: Top Ten Tuesday {18} Books I Wish Had Less Romance
♩ FEATURE: Top Ten Tuesday {19} Favourite Romances From Books
♩ FEATURE: Swoon Thursday {17} The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black--I share one of my top swoony kisses!


I'll admit, there weren't many reviews written in February. Most of them, with the exception of Geekerella, were January reads, so I'm really behind on reviews.

Which lead me to something: I don't want to review every book. I don't want to give a full length review of every book.

It's not that it's tiring--though, lowkey, it is--it's that drafting them makes me sound clinical and not me. I write my best reviews on the spot and I haven't done that lately. And, really, there's only so much I can say for a book I felt "meh" about.

So! I've decided to do mini-reviews for some books (one should be on the horizon...) and for non-ARCs, well. Not all of them might be getting a review!

-----

beat the backlist update


If you aren't familiar with Beat the Backlist, you can check HERE for my post or HERE for the original post on Novel Knight.

I didn't give myself a TBR for this because I knew I wouldn't hold true to it. And lo and behold--I've got nothing. Which is disappointing to me because not only was I looking forward to the books, Alive and Finnikin of the Rock, I just completely... overlooked them.

I am currently reading a backlist book, though! Embrace by Jessica Shirvington! I've halfway through... and I'm trying... Really, really hard.

Anyway, still aiming for those two, along with Arrow in the Mist by Christina Mercer.

-----

forward March!

March has some great releases and I'm totally eager to get to them!





And then there are these gems as well





I'm drowning.

-----

February was definite interesting and it was full of books, both ones I hadn't read and ones I got. There was an event and more books and a lot of freaking out. March seems like it's going to be crazy and I'm all for it!

How about you guys? How was your February? What March releases are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment