01 April, 2017

{Recap} March, Midterms, and Spring Break!


IT'S APRIIIIIIL! Oh, how the time passes by and oh, how I'm not complaining. Welcome to month #3 of recaps, feat: me and my messiness. Let's jump in!


∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

It's another Friday! Well. It was. It's now a Saturday because that's when this will be going up. But it's a Special Saturday™ because it's finally April! I hope the weather sees this as a sign to finally act like Spring

Also, my weather app says it's going to be raining a lot this week. Look, I don't like believing in April shows bring May flowers because WHO NEEDS FLOWERS. I need more sun and less dreary. Please.

Anyway! What even happened in March? Other than midterms, which I'm just glad are finally over, nothing much really. But! There have been some positive things, such as:

 I got more reading done, yay me!
♩ I surprised my best friend with her fave food on her birthday so, no, Josh, don't expect me to let you mope around on the special day
 I met more authors!
 I took pictures with some of the authors!
 Renée Ahdieh SAID SHE LIKED MY HAIR.
 More signed books!
 Lots of snapple, kool-aid, and pizza, what's health anyway?
 500 followers on twitter! Eek!
 Got approved for my first email ARC request!
 This month was actually lit, wow.

GUYSSSSSS. I never stop to look at (smell?) the roses but since doing this list of Good Things™, it's great to see what's happened! 



.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


the reads


 The Rose and the Mask by Victoria Leybourne ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody ♫ ♫ ♫  }


 Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Heartone by Elle Katharine White ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  }
 A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi ♫ ♫ ♫  ♪ }


 The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid ♫ ♫ ♫  ♪ }
 Duels & Deception by Cindy Anstey ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪ }
 Firebug by Lish McBride ♫ ♫ ♫  ♪ }


 Pyromantic by Lish McBride ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett ♫ ♫ ♫  }
 Immortal Fire by Annette Marie ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  }

12 books! That's actually a surprise to me. I didn't expect this many books. I'm glad, though, even though two books were rereads. But what can you do about those? I love revisiting favourite stories.

I only managed to pick up one of the many anticipated March releases, which was A Crown of Wishes--which I highly recommend, if you haven't yet added it to your TBR. I hope to get to some of them in the future, though, since I did manage to snag them on my kindle.

In any case, March was pretty great!



.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


other posts

I feel like I posted a lot in March... I'm trying to catch up on my reviews, and have been doing a pretty decent job on that. Here's my monthly look at what reviews were posted!

♩ REVIEW: These Ruthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas
MINI REVIEWS: The Here & Now: 3 Contemporary Mini Reviews
SERIES REVIEW: A Whole Lotta Fire & Sass: Firebug Series Review
♩ REVIEW: A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
♩ REVIEWDuels & Deception by Cindy Anstey
♩ REVIEW: Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
♩ CHALLENGE: A Very ARC-ish Readathon: My Hesitant TBR

This is the first time when most of these are reviews. 

Last month, I decided that I didn't want to review every book I read, especially if they aren't ARCs. I decided that I rather like doing mini reviews, especially for books that fall under the same category. It saves me time and it knocks off several books at once!

Anyway! I'm more or less caught up so that's great. 



.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


beat the backlist update


If you aren't familiar with Beat the Backlist, you can check HERE for my post or HERE for the original post on Novel Knight.

It was... pretty okay? I mean, I did read Firebug, but that technically wasn't on my TBR up until I started reading it... so I guess I'm cheating here! 

I did try one of the other books planned, but the writing didn't work out for me. Oh well.

Nothing aimed for April at all, though. It's going to be countless ARCs, for Aimal's A Very ARC-ish Readathon (more on that below!). 

Just to be safe, though, I did add some backlist books. Now, if I can only manage to get to them...



.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


a very ARC-ish readathon

A very ARC-ish readathon is a low pressure sort of challenge that lasts the entire month of April. It's hosted by Aimal over at Bookshelves and Paperbacks.

It's pretty straight-forward and everything is entirely up to you! You pick what books you want to read, as long as they're all ARCs. There aren't any challenges as far as I know. If you've some ARCs piled up, I'd recommend signing up HERE!

You don't need a TBR, but I decided to make one anyway, even though the likelihood of me following through is laughable. But it's a great place to start! Here are my books:






I'm excited to get to these! Have you read any of them yet?



.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


onto April!

Frankly, I wasn't even sure what April has to offer. Although I doubt I'll be getting to many, here are some books I'm looking forward to someday picking up!






.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


I'm beginning to be quite fond of March despite not having any school days off. It was a good month, both reading wise and health wise. I'm eagerly looking forward to what April brings!

What about you guys? How was your month? What are some April releases you're looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment