20 April, 2017

Swoon Thursday {26} Breaker and the Sun by Lauren Nicolle Taylor

Swoon Thursday is a weekly feature hosted by #YABound
in which we share something that made us swoon in the
book we're currently reading or recently finished.

∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

This week I'm featuring Breaker and the Sun by Lauren Nicolle Taylor!



Context: Breaker was about to lean in for a kiss on the cheek and it got awkward. 
Is there any harm in it? Probably not. 
Would Ama kill me? Only if she finds out 
“Okay,” I say, nodding my head and offering my cheek. 
He sucks in a break, leaning back. “Are you serious? 
Crossing my arms, I nod. “Yes. 
He shifts uncomfortably in his seat. “Well, now it feels weird. Um...
I close my eyes and tilt my head up. “Allons. Come on. Just do it. 
I wait a full ten seconds before I feel his lops press to my cheek, warm, rough, dry. The stars I swallowed seem to spin and shoot around inside my chest. 
Giggling, I open my eyes. He's smiling. His has a nice smile. Shy like a jackal. 
“That was pretty strange, Sunny,” he says, knocking my shoulder.
e-ARC, 50%

I know it's not a physical swoon--I haven't reached one yet and I'm slowly getting through this one! I already ship these two and this was just such a precious moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment