18 April, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday {28} Things That'll Make Me Wanna Read A Book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by
the wonderful people at The Broke and the Bookish.


∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

This week's TTT topic is...

Top ten that will make me instantly want to read a book

Okay, okay, I've never actually thought about this because sometimes it's just the blurb itself?? It's weird. Anyway, I'll try to figure it out...

 Victoria or V.E. Schwab mentioned
   ↪  That's... that's it. That is it. That's all I need to pick up the damn book. It's by her? SIGN ME UP. Like her work? Well, I'M ON BOARD. 


 Fairy-tale retellings
   ↪  I love retellings! I try to read as many as I can about as many different fairy-tales possible.


 Hate-to-love trope
   ↪ If it's hinted at or mentioned how much the two parties hate each other, or just how much the main character hates a guy, I'm soooooold. I didn't realise how much I loved this trope until I began noticing it on twitter and other books I've been reading.

 Banter
   ↪ This is more of a thing I need to hear from friends if they've read the book. If banter is mentioned just once, I'm a goner and I will need that book in my hands by yesterday.

 Someone's planning to kill a guy
   ↪ I've fallen too many times into the trap that is the princess killing a prince. And falling in love. That will always capture my attention because REVENGE. It's beautiful, even if it's hardly ever well done. 

 PRETTY COVER
   ↪ Don't you dare lie to me and say you've never fallen for a pretty cover. I WILL KNOW IT'S A FILTHY LIE. Anything with beautiful typography or silhouettes, pretty colours--whatever! I am all heart eyes and WANT.

 Author I know/have read before
   ↪ This is different that my first one because Schwab is my favourite author. But, anyway. I'm the type of person that likes to keep up with the latest books, especially if it's a book by someone whose name I recognise or have read before. It's not instant need to read, but it definitely does get me interested!

 A sequel
   ↪ This seems stupidly obvious but I think we can relate. Whether the first book ended in a cliff hanger or not, I will always need the following books.

 Intriguing title
   ↪ Much like cover-love, I'm all about title-love. Some books have amazing titles and that alone is enough to get me to want it badly.

 It mentions a Muslim character
   ↪ This is actually pretty rare, which is pretty sad, lol. When I was younger, a part of me always wished that there was a character with my name--which was highly unlikely, and frankly? It still is. So I just hoped for a Muslim character. Luckily, there are a few making their debut soon and I couldn't be happier!

 There's something in the blurb...
  ↪ Errrm, this is kind of vague, I know, but trust me, it's relatable. It's always hard to pinpoint what it is about a blurb that makes you want to read it, but it is there. It's happened to me so many times, and whether it's a pitch (i.e., Six of Crows meets some random movie I've never watched*) or just a sentence (i.e., she sells her soul to the devil and is destined to be forgotten by everyone she meets**), it'll make me really, really need it.

*This is about Amanda Foody's new 2018 series, The Shadow Game. Book 1 is titled Ace of Shades.
**This is about Victoria Schwab's future release, The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue.

No comments:

Post a Comment