22 May, 2017

{Recap} April and that Surprising Thing Called A Hiatus?


This been a loooong time coming but I'm a believer in better late than never. More than midway through May, I present you all the April things and a small explanation!


∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

Since the beginning of the year, I've taken to doing a small list of things that make me like my month better, since at the end, I always assume the worst. Considering April was a few weeks ago and I have terrible memory, there's not much I really remember, so I'm going to forgo it this month.

Now, for the other thing.

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but for most of May, I took a sort of blogging break. And maybe it's ridiculous--I haven't even blogged for an entire year and I'm already doing this--but... I think I needed it. It's not that I think blogging is boring--it's not. I haven't realised, nor taken the time to realise just how much I've come to like it. 

Anyway, every May this seems to happen. A decline in nearly everything for me. In the past years, it was with reading--in normal months, I'd read around 10-20 books and in May I could barely manage six. 

This year, it was stress. Self induced stress. From school, from family, from friendships. I won't go into detail but I really could have done without. It got to a point where I physically didn't want to do anything, so typing up weekly posts and reviews just brought me down further.

I planned on staying on break until the end of May, but I decided against that. There's still a week left and I want to make the most of it. Be on the lookout for reviews and lots of them soon!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


the reads


 Retribution Rails by Erin Bow ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon ♫ ♫ ♫  }
 Song of the Current by Sarah Tolscer ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  }




 WANT by Cindy Pon ♫ ♫ ♫  ♪ }

8 books! That's more than what I had in mind and better than I hoped. Most of the books were pretty amazing, but there were... a few bad ones in a row, so ouch. But I started off strong and ended off great, so no complaints from me!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


other posts

Few things happened in April so there's not much to post. Here are some of the reviews you might have missed.

♩ REVIEW: Immortal Fire by Annette Marie
♩ REVIEW: Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
♩ REVIEW: Breaker and the Sun by Lauren Nicolle Taylor

I'm hoping for more to come in the future, haha.

This one was from May and it was my first cover reveal! It's for The Dragons of Nova by Elise Kova. You can read an excerpt as well as enter for an ARC of the book!

[Cover Reveal + Giveaway]: The Dragons of Nova by Elisa Kova

You guys still have 8 days left to enter! Make the most of it :)

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


a very ARC-ish readathon recap

A very ARC-ish readathon is a low pressure sort of challenge that lasts the entire month of April. It's hosted by Aimal over at Bookshelves and Paperbacks.

I'm happy to say that I did read only ARCs during April. I actually did stick to my TBR for the most part. I completed three out of the six, which is better than I let myself hope for. As for the ones I didn't get to... Well, I tried with one and got bored. I sincerely hope to get to the other two.

What I noticed during this challenge is that reading advance copies only is boring. It feels more obligatory than reading for fun, which is what I do. After I finished my last book for that month, I was so eager to get back to released books. Now I'm back to reading ARCs, so it's very ??? for me.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed doing this. Whether this happens again in the future or not, I'll definitely be signing up! I do know that there's one for August so I'm looking forward to that.

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.

  

onto May!

Since most of May has already passed on by, I thought about ignoring this part. As you could have guessed, most of my April books went unread... well, all of them did, actually.

But anyway, these were the books that released in May that I was/am eager to get to!





*I actually tried reading this and ended up dropping it.

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


Well, that's all of April in a nutshell. I hope everything is okay with you guys and that you're reading some amazing books.

Did you guys have a good month back in April, or the past few weeks of May? What are some of your most anticipated May/June releases?

No comments:

Post a Comment