01 June, 2017

{Recap} I'm BAAAAAACK: May was Decent, but June Will Be Better


This one seems so short because... it kind of is, haha. But! It's another end to another month and that means both a recap and a look to the future. I'm back and I'm so happy to get back into this!


∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

It's been, like, a week since the last time I posted a recap. But that was for April and, uh, okay. Yes, I'm totally aware April ended like weeeeeeks ago but it was a bad time. BUT now it is not so everything is back to its regularly scheduled program.

Uh, hopefully. You know how I am with posts. 

(If you don't, it's a mess. I'm a mess. A late, lazy mess.)

Anyway! It's finally June! Which means weather in the 80s and me melting because all I own in black. But I'm excited because I can relax and, more importantly, I get to sleep in late.

But enough about June. What ever even happened in May?

♩ Well, the spring term ended
♩ I read 50 books! Half my goal in the first half of the year!
♩ I've been drafting reviews!
♩ I've been slightly plotting my story?
♩ (I mean it's mostly in my head BUT I'M THINKING ABOUT WRITING IT)
♩ I reached 600 followers on my twitter! 
♩ I WON INVICTUS
♩ I finished How to Get Away With Murder and cried like a baby.
♩ I killed a moth. And a mosquito. Just two of many. Now you know that summer's officially here.

Aaaaand that is about it. Woo!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


the reads


 Vinyl by Sophia Elaine Hanson ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Avenged by Amy Tintera ♫ ♫ ♫  } [GR review]
 The Animal Under the Fur by E.J. Mellow ♫ ♫ ♫  } [GR review]


 Warcross by Marie Lu ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫  + } x 2 (I KNOOOOW)


 Frostblood by Elly Blake ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }



Aaaaanndddddd, the big 5-0...


 Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin ♫ ♫ ♫  }

Technically, since I read Warcross twice (don't judge me, it was that good) that's... 14 books. Hoooooly shit, that's the highest I've read in a month since the beginning of the year!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


other posts

Most of May was a barren wasteland for my blog, but I did post some reviews towards the end! Check 'em out!

♩ REVIEW: The Wishing Heart by J.C. Welker
♩ REVIEWThe Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson
♩ REVIEW: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
♩ REVIEW: The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King

There was also my recap for April, if you want to check that out!

[RECAP]: April and That Surprising Thing Called a Hiatus?

I also recently participated in my first cover reveal + giveaway! Although the giveaway ended, you can still behold the gorgeous cover!


I think that's pretty decent! More reviews should be up soon!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


beat the backlist update!


If you aren't familiar with Beat the Backlist, you can check HERE for my post or HERE for the original post on Novel Knight.

Much to my surprise, there were books from my backlist.

Sort of.

Okay, frankly, two of the books I never even had added to my TBR, but they were backlist books. Of course, I'd seen them around, but like I just never got around to adding them... or had much interest in reading them, haha. 

But! This month results in four backlist books! Here they are:

onto June!

I am so tempted to just put Our Dark Duet like 20 times but I AM REFRAINING. But I'm glad I have friends who validate those ideas.

ANYWAY, June actually doesn't have many books I'm that excited for, and I've read a few of the ones I was excited for... sooo, I'll be listing those as well!


Roar by Cora Carmack (June 13)

*I add, to absolutely no one's surprise and also book 2 in the Monsters of Verity series

Now, these are the ones I've read and absolutely adored! I do hope you check them out!




WANT by Cindy Pon (June 13)

*it's the last book in the Falconer series!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


That's all of May! The month was pretty okay for me, books wise! And with June having only 3 books I'm excited for, I know for sure I'll be able to get in a few more books... if I don't get hooked on another TV show that is. (The ones I normally watch have ended anyway soooo...)

Anyway! How was your month? What was your favourite book? What are you looking forward to in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment