01 November, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday {4} Book Club Recs!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by
the wonderful people at The Broke and the Bookish


This week's TTT topic is...

Top Ten Books To Read If Your Book Club Likes _______________

Sooooo. I've never been in a book club and not quite sure how they pick things to read--like, if it's pre-determined or just one genre. But I'm thinking of dividing this into two lists anyhow! I'll be picking two genres rather than a certain book!

So, if you like contemporary, check these out!






  Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
  The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
 Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
 All in Pieces by Suzanne Young
 Lola & the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

I absolutely adored these books and I'm not that big of a contemporary reader. Ranging from way too cute to heartbreaking and real, they're books everyone should check out.

If you're into high fantasy, check these out!



 Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
  The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
  The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
  Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
  Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund

I had some more obvious picks for this list (i.e., Six of Crows, A Darker Shade of Magic, The Winner's Curse) but deigned to go with these since I'm assuming many people have already heard of the others listed. 

So that's basically it! I really, really loved those books and I'm hoping I get the chance to re-read them soooooon. For nostalgia's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment