01 July, 2017

{Recap} Slumps Suck but Summer's Here!


Welcome to another episode of Monthly Recap! June was my Lazy Month and I was really, really lazy. So here's a look at what happened!


∙∙∙∙∙·♫·*·♪..♪·*·♫·∙∙∙∙∙

Yes, those are fries. I didn't know what to use for June. Also who doesn't love fries? #AllPotatoesAreGoodPotatoes and don't you forget it!

Anyway. Every time I do this, I am always at a loss.

What even happened this month?

Well. Ramadan lasted for most of June, or at least, a good portion of half the month. It was only last Sunday where many Muslims celebrated Eid! I celebrated a day late because of some personal issue, but it was still fun, nonetheless.

I was in a slump for most of the month! I did manage to read a few books but mostly I just did my own thing, which was try to find something to binge watch on Netflix, hate it but continue watching anyway, longingly scroll through photos of BookCon and BEA and ALA, all those huge book conventions I couldn't go to. I think I tried sleeping but I don't know anymore.

So, what fantastic things happened in June?

♩ I sent out my first *physical* ARC request and got accepted! Wow
♩ I'm... finally using Instagram... ish? Posts are scarce but posts there are!
♩ I began my thread of reads using badly made aesthetics. I'm behind but I'm getting there
♩ I got to read three of my most anticipated reads of the fall
♩ I've created mood boards for my two main characters
♩ I'm seriously considering trying to plot this thing out
♩ I'm going to get getting another anticipated fall read! Yay!
♩ Decent book mail this month, won't lie
♩ I painted my nails really nicely!
♩ I participated in some cover reveals!
♩ I've created new graphics for my posts! It'll be a lot of planning ahead but I am ready for this
♩ I WATCHED ANASTASIA! And I live tweeted so you can check that out here!
♩ Bugs are horrible but the AC is installed. Less windows open, thank GOD

All the small things matter!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


So, admittedly, this was not my best month at all. Like I said, there was a slump and I really love being Lazy, so for like two weeks, I started and never finished any books. But here they are, nonetheless!

the reads


 Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }*
 Iron to Iron by Ryan Graudin ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }*
 Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalo ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }

*It was a very bad idea bingeing this series, I was a mess for days afterwards.


 The Dragons of Nova by Elise Kova ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne { ♫ ♫ ♫ }

 

 Devils & Thieves by Jennifer Rush ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪ }
 Fireblood by Elly Blake ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪ }

9 books! Well, 8 and a novella. Still, not too shabby, if I do say so myself! And not a single 5-star read this month. That's definitely a new one

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


other posts

Getting back into posting this past month was a bit weird. But I did try to catch up on some reviews and finally post those weekly features! Check 'em out!

♩ REVIEW: The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May
COVER REVEAL: Ultimate Sacrifice by S.E. Green
MINI REVIEWS: Disappointing Reads
♩ COVER REVEAL: Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne
♩ REVIEW: Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser
♩ MINI REVIEWS: Magic & Mayhem
♩ REVIEW: Want by Cindy Pon
♩ REVIEW: Frostblood by Elly Blake
♩ COVER REVEAL: The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross
♩ REVIEW: Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
FEATURE: Best Books in the first Half of 2017

Yaaaaay for posting. 22 in June and I think that's pretty neat :)

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


beat the backlist update!


If you aren't familiar with Beat the Backlist, you can check HERE for my post or HERE for the original post on Novel Knight.

So this is pretty much going down... And that's disheartening for me because it was something I really wanted to be into. But between ARCs, me being a mood reader, me being lazy, me being me, it's hard, lol.

I did read two backlist books, but that's pretty much it.


 Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }
 Iron to Iron by Ryan Graudin ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ }

I know that with half the year gone, any goal I had has perished in the wind. So I'm only going to be trying to read one backlist book every month and hope that works out!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


recent happenings

This is a new one indeed. I've decided that this section will be a little look into my personal life and what I was up to, other than reading, during the past month.

Music wise: So All Time Low and Halsey decided that releasing their latest albums, Last Young Renegade and Hopeless Fountain Kingdom respectively, on the same idea was a good idea.

It really wasn't. It made me a bloody mess. 

Don't take that the wrong way--I liked both albums (well, liked Halsey's, loved ATL's). But I have this weird thing with me where I listen to one song on repeat for, like, ever. Or at least until a new obsession arises. So with both these great albums available, it's been hard to listen to just one song and to all the songs

Speaking of releases, PVRIS and Fall Out Boy also release new singles from their upcoming albums--All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Hell and M A N  I   A--and they're both spectacular. PVRIS is an edgy pop-punk band with great lyrics and What's Wrong is just another masterpiece. FOB's previous single, Young and Menace, was weird for me but they def brought it back with Champion.

Netflix wise: Well. A month ago I binge-watched all 3--?--seasons of How to Get Away with Murder and loved it. Finding something new was hard but I settled on CW's Beauty & the Beast and it was terrible. I don't know how I got to season 3 because those first two seasons was absolutely horrible! The main characters and their romance was absolutely atrocious, good grief. I'm thinking about starting iZOMBiE next! And finishing Traveler. Definitely.

I also watched Anastasia the other day and it was just perfect! The ship was cute and, yeah, it was inaccurate, but who cares! It was fantastic. I can't believe I wanted so long to watch it.

Before that was The Princess and the Frog, which is a movie close to my heart. Tiana is fabulous and Naveen was so funny and adorable! Leave it to Disney to make frogs cute.

Life wise: Ramadon finished and Eid came along! My mom was in the hospital for Eid--don't worry, she's fine now!--so we didn't really "celebrate". Not that we really do anyway... It's mostly me seeing my friends and house hopping and lots of food. But I had an impromptu Eid on Monday and my three friends came over and we just ate and talked and did a bit of makeup! It was fun!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


anticipated reads + TBR!

Me?! Having a TBR? How absurd, thinking I can make a list and follow through. How absolutely ridiculous...

I am going to try though. But first! Anticipated releases!



And here's my TBR!





While these are the ones I definitely am going to be reading (no more holding off Invictus!) this is me being optimistic and reaching for a bit too much and listing 4 more titles





Haha, 10 books. Let's do this!

.•♫•♬•.•♫•♬•.


So that was June. Was your month better than mine? What were your favourite books? What are you looking forward to next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment